Thursday, February 4, 2016

Rolling In The Deep

I joined a gym yesterday.
I know, I'm surprised too.
I'm not going to be lifting weights or doing spin, but I will be dragging my fat ass in the pool for the water exercise classes.
I've always talked about doing that (water classes) but I always put it off or come up with an excuse not to go, but when our local gym runs a special during HEART MONTH I have to do it.
So, I will pack up my five year old never been used suit with a skirt and dive in step in carefully.


I will also pack my nitro.
We all remember the fiasco of 2015 when I went in for a stress test and ended up in the hospital before I stepped foot on the machine.
The thing about that though, is I felt normal, just a little winded from the walk through the parking lot and through the building, but I guess my "winded" is a technical cause for alarm.
I still don't think my doctor would have admitted me, but the attending physician wasn't going to take any chances.
But anyway, I'm too fat and that's hard on my heart, and I have been on my diet for almost a month and my weight has stalled and I really can't eat any fewer calories or I'll fall over, so exercise is where it's at, and it'll really blow be great!

And Wendy is joining too!
Let me tell you the best part about Wendy getting old and fat...
Everyone thinks that we are either friends or sisters because we are kind of at that "middle age" part of our life where we're kind of even.
Neither of us are young or old, and we both have a problem with portion control, so yesterday when I was signing up the lady said, "Don't worry, you don't have to give us your first born", I laughed and laughed and laughed and said, "Well it wouldn't hurt her if I did!" and then we all laughed and laughed and laughed and then Wendy ended up being half of a couples contract for twenty dollars more a month!
Wonderful right!?
Wendy has really bad Rheumatoid Arthritis you know, and is starting injections this month, so if she can shed a size or two she will feel so much better, but she doesn't want to do the pool, she wants to do weights and machines.

Wyatt and I are going to Seattle to see my niece Sarah and the newest member of the family, Charlotte next Wednesday.
I made her something amazing and I can't wait to show you, but it's a surprise so I can't post it now because she might read the blog.
I know she's only three months old, but she's very advanced.
We were lucky enough to get two brand new baby girls last year and they are both so wonderful and beautiful and smart and they even still have that new people smell, at least they did last time I saw them. 
Anyway, they are amazing.
My Sister is a Grammy and I wonder if she'll stay a Grammy or if those girls will personalize it like Hunter did when he put his own lisp twist on Granny.
The day I forever became Tranny.
He spent the night last Friday.
His Mom really missed him and asked me to send a picture so I went the extra step and sent her a video...
Never mind, I can't figure out how to video.
It's a REALLY cute one though.

Ok, I have to go find my swim cap, ciao'!

6 comments:

  1. Love you both!! So proud of you guys for hitting the gym :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went and it was SO GREAT!! Wendy and Wyatt are going to be doing Zumba!

      Delete
  2. Love you both!! So proud of you guys for hitting the gym :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm familiar with that kind of swimsuit, but I haven't been in a pool in at least a decade. Well done You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well let me just say... My suit with a skirt just did not work! it was cut to low in front so my flotation devices kept popping out and the skirt kept trying to float up over my head! I came straight home and ordered a new lycra short and top swim set. I loved being the youngest person in the pool though :D

      Delete
  4. Good for you !!! And I'm glad Wendy joined too. For herself but for you too. Im glad you'll have someone to workout with....even if you aren't doing the same thing.
    I had one of those dress suits. They look so good on dry land but boy when you get in the water!

    ReplyDelete